C. B. Fisk is delighted to announce the signing of an agreement to build a new organ for Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, North Carolina. Design work for the school's new chapel is well underway, and we are now working with that design team on an organ that will grace the front wall of the chapel. The chapel will be completed in early 2014, and the organ will be installed just after that.
Lenoir-Rhyne University began in 1891 as Highland Academy when four Lutheran pastors created a school where young people could receive a sound education based on religious principles and Christian values. Captain Walker W. Lenoir, a Wilkes County lawyer and judge, had donated the property for the college in his will. Four months after its opening, the school was chartered under the name of Lenoir College in his memory. After a devastating fire in 1927, Daniel E. Rhyne, a local Lutheran businessman, stepped forward with a significant gift toward the rebuilding. In 1928 the college became Lenoir-Rhyne in his honor and in that same year was admitted into the Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. In 2008 Lenoir-Rhyne became a University.