Glendale, Ohio, incorporated in 1855, is a quiet, historic village of 2200 inhabitants located 15 miles north of downtown Cincinnati. In 1865, Christ Church, Episcopal, was founded, and an elegant Victorian era stone church with surrounding campus was built. Nearly 150 years later, in the Spring of 2014, Christ Church completed an exciting new addition to their campus – the Chapel of the Holy Spirit. Attractive, modern in design,and filled with light, the Chapel can accommodate 200 worshipers. It is designed with movable furnishings, allowing for great flexibility and multiple configurations for various types of worship and performance.
Opus 146 resides in one corner of the space. Charles Nazarian’s angular 5-compartment case design features the Great Principal 8', made of hammered spotted metal, and the Pedal Violone 16', constructed of solid maple. The Great and Swell divisions occupy the right-hand portion of the case, the Pedal the left-hand. The console is attached and centered on the right side, offering a good line of sight between Organist and Choir.
Bryon K. Mock, DMA, is Organist and Director of Music at Christ Church and is a past President of the Association of Anglican Musicians. Dr. Mock presides over a comprehensive music ministry that involves numerous volunteer musicians and encompasses four choirs. The organ was delivered to the Chapel in early August, 2015. On October 25th, one week after the tonal finishing was completed, Opus 146 was dedicated in an Evensong service, the theological theme of which was the Holy Spirit. Dr. Mock presided at the organ, performing music of de Grigny, Bach, and Duruflé.