Opus 69 was the first instrument built in the new Fisk shop on Kondelin Road in 1974. Its design was a return to a more “all-purpose” concept, so that the liturgy and a broader spectrum of organ literature could be served. Although the basic specification is classical, the inclusion of a Céleste stop and several solo voices widens the scope to include music of the Romantic and Contemporary periods.
Housed in a small but pleasing “gothick” case of 1833 by E. & G.G. Hook, the Swell occupies the lower half of the case, the Great the upper, with the Pedal behind the main case. The console is detached. In the summer of 1983 the Pedal Mixture was replaced by German Trumpet 8′.